Michael A. Huerta, Esq.
New York State Court:
- Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, First Judicial Department.
United States District Court:
- Southern District of New York;
- Eastern District of New York; &
- Northern District of Florida.
Mr. Huerta attended the College of Liberal Arts, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, before attending the Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University, located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where he was conferred the title of Juris Doctor with a concentration in Litigation.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Huerta was hired by the United States Federal government as a Disaster Reservist where he acted as a public trust and advised attorneys and staff on Federal laws regarding the assistance of natural disaster victims through commercial and residential low interest government loans. Mr. Huerta has also acted as a consultant with teams of attorneys on numerous large scale litigation cases that have resulted in billions of dollars in settlements and savings. Some of those cases included:
- Commercial Litigation;
- Congressional Inquires;
- ERISA Litigation;
- Mass Tort Litigation;
- Merger & Acquisition Litigation;
- Multi District Litigation;
- Patent Prosecution;
- Pharmaceutical Litigation;
- Securities Litigation; &
- Tax Shelter Criminal Litigation.
Mr. Huerta is committed to the community and the assistance of low income families by providing pro bono assistance through the various New York Unified Court System and local bar association programs. He is also a member of the:
- American Bar Association;
- New York State Bar Association;
- New York City Bar Association;
- New York County Lawyers’ Association; and
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors.